This is a dish we often choose as a sharing dish when we eat at our Chinese restaurant and ive wanted to try it at home for a while and Sue found a recipe that I tweaked quite heavily to make work within my calorie allowance but still full of those amazing asian flavours that we love. After a little tweaking we have that dish now. It was amazing and full of flavour.
- 500 gm beef stir fry strips (we used beef from the freezer and cut our own, its a long slow cook so any beef will go tender)
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 2″ piece of ginger grated
- 60ml low salt soy sauce (use regular if you have no salt issues)
- 1 tbsp Sriracha, you can get this at any supermarket nowadays and I use it a LOT
- 1 tbsp sugar or granulated sweetener
- 6 spring onions chopped
- 1 grated carrot
- 250 ml water
- Garnish with Sesame seeds, sliced red chilli and coriander to serve
Method for a one pot wonder meal around 500 kcal plus bread
Pop your beef strips into your cold dutch oven and stir in the cornflour to coat. Add all the other ingredients apart from the garnish and stir well. Pop into a pre heated bbq at about 160c for about 3 hours stirring after about 2 hours to check how its going, Be careful you doing have a slice of bread in your hand at this stage or the beef will soon be gone before its finished haha.
After 3 hours the sauce should have thickened and become rich and glossy. Serve with the garnish for the easiest one pot meal ever.
We served ours with fresh Cotswold crunch bread but this dish works well with any noodles or rice or as part of a buffet.
If you cooked this or any of my recipes then please do let me know how it went, I would love some feedback.