Cheesy Veggie Bake
Tonight’s meal was supposed to be a vegetarian option but we realised we had Dylan staying over so we added Salmon and Chicken nuggets for him as a precaution, Good job we did coz he did not like my calling a parsnip “cheesy pasta” haha
Ingredients for 2 people Cheesy veggie bake
- 500 gm or so of any veggie, We used parsnip, Carrot, Cauliflower. Sweet potato and leeks. But honestly anything goes with this dish.
- 150 gm Ricotta cheese, We used normal but if you can get low cal where you are then 300 gm and forget the cream cheese.
- 150 gm low fat cream cheese
- half tbsp of English mustard
- seasoning salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 50 gm breadcrumbs we made our own with a wholemeal bread crust and it was perfect
- Low calorie spray oil or olive oil
Clean and cut all the veggies to about 1″ (3cm) cubes then pop in a nice cooking pan with a little oil to grease. Mix the remaining ingredients apart from breadcrumbs in a separate bowl and add a little water low calorie creme fresh or yoghurt to loosen and pour over the veggies. Give them a little mix up to combine the veg and sauce. Cover with the breadcrumbs and pop into a pre heated BBQ or oven at about 170c (tonight was crazy with Dylan and I cooked it at 190c and it was perfect. Cook for about 45-60 minutes to soften the veg and give the breadcrumbs a nice toasty colour.
Thats it, a really simple and super delicious one pot meal brimming with goodness and only about 350 calories each plus the salmon if you chose to have that.
We served with salmon dusted with Old Bay seasoning and it was a perfect pairing
If you cooked this or any of my recipes then please do let me know how it went, I would love some feedback.