Todays cook was probably the best leftover meal I have ever cooked. Su[per tasty and easy to cook on the bbq too
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 4 chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 glass of red wine or port
- smoked brisket, I just used enough for the 2 of us to enjoy
- 200ml cream, I used double cream but it has to be room temperature
- chilli from the garden optional
In a nice size Dutch oven on the bbq melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic. Cook over medium heat, until softened, about 4 or 5 minutes. Add the tomato puree and chopped tomatoes and brown for another few minutes. Stir frequently to avoid sticking.
Add the wine or port and the Worcestershire sauce to the pan and deglaze and scrape up any bits stuck to the pan. Increase the heat (I lower into the accessory ring) and bring back to the boil to a boil, then reduce the heat to low(raise the dutch oven back up). Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
Then add the brisket and sour cream and a little chilli (optional) to the sauce. Stir to combine. Continue to cook on low for heat for five minutes. Test and season as needed.
Tips, and ideas for next time.
Tonight I served this with pasta and it was wonderful. I enjoyed it more than the main event if I’m being honest.
If you cooked this or any of my recipes then please do let me know.